|Addison changed zip
codes in 2007
The months of January and February are months of shuffling around in the college football world. It is a time where coaches are fired, others are hired, seniors say their last goodbyes in hopes of going pro, some underclassmen decide to test the NFL Draft waters, and finally it is a time for high school seniors to sign on the dotted line to where they will spend the next 3 to 5 years of their lives. There is a lot of information to keep track of, after doing a quick search around the blogosphere, I found some thing that should clear some of these questions up.
- The time came and went for underclassmen to decide if they were going to put the paperwork in for the NFL Draft or not. Our partner CSTV has a list of who has applied
- Norm Chow went from the top of the world, being the Offensive Coordinator of the juggernaut offense at USC, to getting fired as the Tennessee Titans Offensive Coordinator in a matter of a few years. But before you start shedding tears for Norm, read this little piece from Bruins Nation which talks about the possibility of Mr. Chow going to UCLA to coach against his old team
- A day after winning the National Championship, Bo Pellini began his duties as the head coach at Nebraska. During the 80's and 90's, the Cornhuskers were a proud program which put out top notch teams every year, but you would be surprised as the expectations the fans have for the 2008 season
will be back with
Nebraska in 2008
- All Jayhawks fans hope that they stay atop the Big 12 North and challenge for another title. As we all know this season they did not play the likes of Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech but next year they do. Over at Kansas It's Business Time, they look at next year's schedule and how it could play out
for the Jayhawks.
- Keeping with this Big 12 theme I have going here, Big Head over at MizzouRAH talks a little recruiting for his Tigers
and the proper way to bombard a recruit's MySpace and Facebook page to get them to come to your school.
- If you happened to check out the list of underclassmen leaving, you will notice that there are a lot of running backs that will be filling up the 2008 NFL Draft class. Although, one name you will not find on that list is Nebraska's Marlon Lucky
- It has been a few years since his departure as head coach of Syracuse, but Paul Pasqualoni has potentially found a new job with the Miami Dolphins. Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician talks about how Coach P might make a better coordinator
than a head coach.
- I was never a huge fan of the Texas Longhorns, but when Major Applewhite was there, I rooted for him. The Major showed a lot of heart and class while playing for the Longhorns. Last year he spent time at Alabama, but now all fans of Texas are rejoicing because he as agreed to take a job with the Longhorns
. Long live The Major!
- If you haven't already, check out the University of Hawaii Football Fan Blog because it is really well written and is updated more than daily. Tombo Ahi talks about the new hire of Greg McMackin as the head coach
of the Warriors, along with some recruiting and other Hawaii news.